Monday, December 1, 2008

Holy Chotchkie!

This will seriously annoy my Aunt Diane but before I post photos from Thanksgiving & the subsequent birthdays, I was wondering if any of you out there know where I can find a nativity or manger scene that doesn't look like Missus Claus barfed all over it. I'd love to find one that isn't the classic ceramic scene but that also isn't the plastic Precious Moments one either. (No offense meant to anyone who owns the aforementioned...I just have a different idea in mind.) So if any of you out there in cyberspace know of a sweet, simple Nativity that I can buy, please let me know in the comments!

Thanks, internet!

(Davy fix...coming soon)

Update: not long after posting this here and on facebook, I heard back from 3 reliable sources (my sister in law, Johnna; Janet -see comments; and my old running buddy Melissa). All 3 immediately recommended the Willow Tree set. Thanks y'all!

4 comments:

life with the wisners said...

i'm sure plenty of people will tell you this. but here is my suggestion. we got the ENTIRE thing as a wedding gift. and seeing as how we got married in may, i wasn't that pumped.

until.

december. when i put up the entire thing. and have loved it every year since. classic. not ceramic. but definitely put out of kids' reach. beautiful in its simplicity.

how's that for a sales pitch?

love you, dude.

http://www.amazon.com/Willow-Tree-26005-Nativity-Set/dp/B00164M9XA

Beck said...

you know i trust you implicitly! loved the sales pitch :)

Rachael said...

That was the one i was going to recommend as well. Happy Holidaying!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I was also going to suggest a willow tree set! (looks like great minds think alike!) We got one as a wedding gift 6 years ago & we LOVE it!

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!