Friday, January 9, 2009

Stuff Rattling Around Up There


This just sort of stopped me cold the other night.


For a long time I had avoided reading an email in my inbox. It was from my church. My pastor had spent several Sundays talking about the Democratic Republic of Congo. I had skipped church. "10 new emails." Hmmm, not that one...I'll read it later.

I read it the other night. And now I feel like there is a thorn in my brain. I can't stop thinking about these women...about these children, these families. Please watch that video. It will probably upset you. I think it should.

I sent the link to quite a few folks the other night. One person responded. But her one response was like tossing a lit match into a tinderbox. She was UPSET. And it was all I needed to be pushed forward to do something. So I commit to do something.

More to come...

0 comments: