Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday


My favorite passage on Jesus is from Isaiah 53. And my favorite verses from that passage are 5 and 6:
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to his own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.


I'm so grateful that the story doesn't end on Friday!



She has nothing to do with this post. I was just trying to take a pretty photo outdoors. Her look is all thirteen years old: "Mo-THER. This is so lame."

4 comments:

jess said...

She is so pretty!! Love the outdoor spring shots, even if she is giving you the Look :)

J. Page said...

Great post and I love these pics of Davy- Beautiful! Hope ya'll have a great Easter...We miss and love ya'll.

Unknown said...

Mommy, she is just looking thoughtful because you were commenting on one of the most profound passages in all of Scripture!

Katy said...

That face is so you as a teenager...and a 20-something year old when told you can't do something you really really want to do. I love it!