Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Paradoxes of God

This morning my dad preached on Romans 8 and the paradox of the knowledge that "we face death all day long, we are like sheep to the slaughter" and "who can separate us from the love of Christ?...In all these things we are more than conquerors.." Death versus conquering. It doesn't seem to make sense. And this is the walk of the believer.

In light of this, I am asking you to pray for someone I've never met. Please lift up Cari and her husband Andy. They lost their little baby girl last fall to a seizure and just over a week ago Cari woke up to her husband having a seizure. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor and has just had surgery to remove it. It doesn't seem fair. My first thought is to run to God, "Lord! You must have made a grave mistake here! They can't take this, especially now!" Surely He didn't mean to give them double sorrow, double fears.

This life with Him is a paradox. But we know that there is nothing that can pull us from His grasp and we know that Messiah has provided victory over the last enemy to be destroyed: death.

If you go check out Cari's blog, pray also for her health as she is pregnant with a little boy due soon. I took the time to read over the archives of her blog tonight and my faith has been strengthened. (my t-shirt is stained with mascara but it was worth it)

0 comments: