Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some Feel Good To Go With Your Coffee


Go Here.

She doesn't look like a show-stopper, does she? I am so gladly reminded that sometimes the most beautiful things come out of someone whose worth I didn't understand at first glance. And yes, we are so cynical.

This reminds me of one of my favorite themes in life: the underdog, the unlikely one. All my favorite movies have this theme. Frodo was the Ring-bearer. Harry was the Chosen One. I cry every time Francis Ouimet wins the U.S. Open in "The Greatest Game Ever Played". It's the Cinderella story done a thousand times over.

Just don't forget where this idea of the unlikely one, the one we laughed at or doubted or didn't trust, came into being...

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. (Isaiah 53: 2)


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the Brits!

Beck said...

You and me both! We're such suckers for those accents. Simon calling her "darling" and she saying she felt "bloody terrific!"

Lindsey said...

Love this, go check out Paul Potts on You Tube-you'll love it, another Brit

shauna morris said...

I am a sucker too! That made me cry...maybe tomorrow you can post something that won't bring me to tears. Love reading what's on your hear each day Becky...always lets me reflect. Such wise council and you don't even know your doing it. Love you.

dianeroutson said...

When I heard Susan Boyle sing, I got tears in my eyes. I hope Simon feels like the fool he acted when Susan first walked on stage. I loved that she shared her voice, her gift with us. Somehow I knew you would comment on this; thank you! I agree with Shauna-- can we have some levity now?